Tuesday 16 July 2013

Lets Get Crazy?... Seriously?

















Of all the days in the life of a Lagosian, Thursdays seems to be the best (well, for those on the mainland working on the island). It is the only day among the weekdays that one gets to the island without encountering so much traffic. It is also the only day I can break a rule and ride on the BRT lane and not get caught... Yeah I said it, what? Sometimes i need to get to work early na.

This Thursday however, I decided to go to work by public transport. No, not the BRT... the regular black striped yellow buses. Yes, the danfo bus.

I am the kind that usually read adverts on billboards, bumper stickers and any large poster available with nice humor, font and colors to pull my attention to it. Since i wasn't driving, I took the liberty to read and ride today. when we got on the #EkoBridge, I was eager to read that large TELEVISION in all its brightness then it so happened that the Coca-cola slot came on with these words "Why not smile and wave at a traffic warden". I was still processing the words even as it sounded weird and could not conform to my person when I heard a voice behind me saying "why?... when I'm not gay".

Some of us who understood laughed at this "joke
" but the dude didn't see it that way. apparently, he must have had serious issues with coca-cola's adverts and messages because right there in the bus he began to say all the weird stuffs he read on the big TV.
He couldn't just understand why coke will tell him to go crazy for a stranger, change a Tyre for a stranger, buy some dude a bottle of coke... for free!, share an umbrella with someone you do not know. FOR DIS LAGOS WEY WE DEY SO? You must be kidding me.

Life in this western state is already strange and crazy as it is. Talk less of going crazy for strange folks in addition to the stress level we all encounter day after day.

Come to think of it, what is really wrong with smiling and waving at a traffic warden as u drive by? Abeg, leave that matter jare.

No comments:

Post a Comment